We miss you. It's been an unusual week, to say the least. But I am reminded of God's living Word which says, "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ." (Phil 1:27)
Now there's some clear direction. In this season, let us shine like never before, helping and serving those around us and taking care of each other. Before you know it, we will be together again.
A few quick notes:
1) Please don't hesitate to call the church office if you need help - 360.825.2007. We are family.
"Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." (Gal 6:10)
2) Carve out ten minutes of your day and give them to serious prayer. It will help you, just like it helped Jesus in the Garden as He faced His trials.
"An angel from heaven … strengthened him." (Lk 22:43)
3) Plan to join us online on Sunday morning at our usual service times. Pastor Allison has a kids service, and I have the adults. I felt led of the Lord to start a new teaching series for this season, called "In The Wilderness". Pastor Weston has some special music., and we're looking forward to being with you.
"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another." (Heb 10:25)
4) Culture Youth is livestreaming at 6:30 PM on WED evenings - see the website or app for connections. Young Adults will do the same on SUN evenings.
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young." (1 Tim 4:12)
5) Huge thanks to so many of us who remain faithful in giving through online (website, app) or dropping by the office. God sees you, and your dedication makes us able to help others..
"Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money in the temple treasury." (Lk 12:41)
6) If this crisis persists longer than a few weeks, we are going to be adding some online small groups and studies - stay tuned.
"Man does not live by bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." (Matt 4:4)
7) We will get through this. One of the things God asks us to do is wait on Him, and that's hard. But we learn a bigger kind of faith when we wait.
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promises." (2 Pet 3:9)
We love you. See you on Sunday (online!). 8-)
Resources for COVID Prevention